In addition to the many maintenance work to improve the thermal insulation of the whole structure, we decided to do more.
For a lot of years Hotel San Salvador has been renowned for its ecological awareness and attention to the environment and natural resources. We have been successfully pursuing this philosophy for years in the firm belief that a little attention is sufficient to preserve the beauty and health of our region. We have chosen to use photocatalytic paints, that can absorbe and eliminate CO2, in practise it’s as if we had planted a hundred of trees around the Hotel! And as if there was a big sea pine on your room balcony. The material used is the some for italian Pavillon at EXPO in Milan made from “ITALCEMENTI” of Bergamo. A contact with sunlight the active ingredients present in this product comes into operation and captures pollutants that circulate in the air. These are transformed into inert salts and the atmosphereis purified. Less carbon dioxide and much more oxygen.
Eco Green Chic: Find out what they say about us!
We are known for our ecological awerness with particular attention to the environnemets and natural resources. A choice that we have been pursuing for a long time because we think that there are few small attentions to preserve the beauty and health of our territory.
“Only when the last tree has been cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, will you realise that you cannot eat money”(ancient Indian proverb)
- 2014 “Legambiente”Prize Friends of the Climate Prize of the BIT Milan.
- Emilia Romagna “Un mare di sapori” Award ranked 2nd Best Hotel Menu
- Tripadvisor Certificated of Excellence every year since 2002.
- 2015″Legambiente” Prize Special mention for environmentally friendly management and the preservation of the territory and for the promotion of a holiday style in harmony with the nature.
- Tripadvisor Ecoleader Platinum Level Award 2016.
- Recognition of Important economic support by the Emilia Romagna Region given the GREEN commitment of Hotel San Salvador.